Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Power outage yesterday?

Did anyone experience a blackout yesterday? I did during school :S I thought it was because our cheap ass school forgot to pay utility bills, but I was wrong. 


Reason behind it...say hello to the sun
Solar Flare Pictures, Images and Photos
The blue light is called...SOLAR FLARE! -dun dun dunnn-


The sun took a massive shit of radiation traveling 5 million mph, that happens once in a lifetime. You can see Northern lights in some places as a result of this :D Unfortunately, I won't be able to see it :(


Should we Earthlings be worried? As far as I know...nope! This has happened in the past before, and the only serious effects were fires and power outages. HOWEVER...some experts are predicting the worst D: If something bad happens, I'll let yall know.


Loopy the Lurker

2 comments:

Lily said...

im scared

Lily said...

oh PSH I looked it up its no big deal. its a solar storm that hit earth.. effect: northern lights. because when the sun whatever hits with earths atoms scientists said that it would interfeer with phone calls and GPS transmissions.. its stil a little scary.. i mean a SOLAR STORM. but its happened before..